9, 10 August 2019 – Singapore Bicentennial Celebrations / National Day 2019
This August we celebrate 200 years since the founding of modern day Singapore, when Sir Stamford Raffles and William Farquhar established our little island as a trading post.
A first for us, the VATSEA region and possibly any civilian virtual airline, SVAG is bringing to the virtual skies the customary formation flights over the National Day as it unfolds simultaneously in the real world. You will be flying in a group with your fellow pilots past the downtown skyline under the watchful eyes of air traffic control after an afternoon of hopping around picturesque tropical airports in the area. All are welcome.
This event lasts the entire weekend, so for those who are unable to participate on the actual day, you can join us again on Sunday.
ATC arrangements will be made for general public and SVAG pilots who do not wish to fly the formation to arrive directly at Changi on Saturday.
Arrangements are being made to cinematically capture this on video to memorialize this historic event. Be a part of SVAG and flight sim history this National Day!
9 August 2019
Air traffic control will be provided throughout the journey.
ALL TIMES LOCAL (GMT+8) WSSS-WMKP 70MIN DEP 1200 ARR 1310 TURN 30MIN PENANG WMKP-WMKL 40MIN DEP 1340 ARR 1420 TURN 40MIN LANGKAWI WMKL-WMKC 50MIN DEP 1500 ARR 1550 TURN 30MIN KOTA BARU WMKC-WMKD 50MIN DEP 1620 ARR 1710 TURN 50MIN KUANTAN WMKD-WSSS 60MIN DEP 1805 ARR 1905 SINGAPORE CBD WSSS-WSSS 15MIN DEP 1905 ARR 1930 CHANGI
10 August 2019
Air traffic control will be provided for departure and arrival at WSSS.
ALL TIMES LOCAL (GMT+8) WSSS-WMKP 70MIN DEP 1200 ARR 1310 TURN 30MIN PENANG WMKP-WMKL 40MIN DEP 1340 ARR 1420 TURN 40MIN LANGKAWI WMKL-WMKC 50MIN DEP 1500 ARR 1550 TURN 30MIN KOTA BARU WMKC-WMKD 50MIN DEP 1620 ARR 1710 TURN 30MIN KUANTAN WMKD-WSSS 50MIN DEP 1740 ARR 1830 CHANGI
Management is trying to plan the flight to be accessible to all pilots who posses basic flying proficiency.
Auto pilot assist and buffer time and airspace will be provisioned for.
Custom flight plans will be provided to participating pilots ahead of the rehearsal flights.
Pilots flying in formation on Saturday please note the following information.
- To confirm your participation by 2 August 0759z.
- To report the exact add-on, model and variant they will be operating by 2 August 0759z for flight planning purposes.
- To be available for at least 1 rehearsal formation flight from WMKD-WSSS on 3 or 4 August 2019.
- To install and advise on exact livery to be operated, and to ensure VATSIM mode and livery reporting codes are correct.
- To be familiar with and be in complete control of aircraft, especially airspeed and situational awareness.
- To have aircraft distance markers in FSX/P3D enabled.
Pilots who fly the event route on 9 and/or 10 August will receive:
1. Triple hours and triple pay, including their rehearsal hours
Additionally, pilots who fly the formation flight on 9 August will receive:
1. Exclusive Award Ribbon in VAFS
2. Permanent feature on the website’s event page
3. Feature and tag on captured event and future promotional media
Flights must be flown on VATSIM and VAFS. Infractions, except for rehearsal flight, will void any event rewards.
Rewards will be processed and issued within the first two weeks of September.
As this is something new, the scope and specifications of the event may change.
We are open to questions, suggestions and ideas. Feel free to contact any of the staff at any time.
VP (Admin) | SVAG